Fettuccine With Pine Nuts, Prosciutto and Brown Butter
- Ready In:
- In a saucepan of boiling water cook the fettuccine until it is a la dente and drain well.
- While this is cooking, in a skillet heat the butter over moderately high heat, swirling it until it is golden brown.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, prosciutto, parsley and the pine nuts.
- In a bowl toss the pasta with the butter sauce and salt and pepper.
- Serve with the lemon wedges.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
This is a wonderful site. Must say this before I start. I was born in Northern Ireland and came to Canada in 1956. I started baking at a very early age and my mother was always supportive (even tho she probably did not have time). By the time I was 12 I was competing in local fairs and won quite a few ribbons. Later in my teens I added cooking (French style) to my hobbies and still prefer this style of cooking. Now we spend 6 months of the year in Southern Portugal and have learned a lot about the Portuguese cuisine. Do prefer the Norhern Portugal type of cooking, but they have the most wonderful bread in the world. I have one daughter who trained as a French chef and worked in that field for several years. Since then she has gone on to other things. <br>I don't have a favorite cookbook because I have too many to choose from. Since having the internet at my fingertips I have certainly expanded my recipe collections. I do take pride in serving good meals even for just the 2 of us. Luckily I have a husband who is a great taster and willing to try just about anything. <br>My pet peeve is to be served food on a cold plate in a restaurant. This is an absolute no-no as far as my husband and I are concerned.