Fettuccine With Asparagus and Smoke Salmon
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From Hallmark Magazine. I made some modifications to the recipe to make it slightly more healthful and less fat. Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces whole grain fettuccine
- 2 lbs asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 leeks, halved lengthwise and thickly sliced crosswise
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons dried or minced tarragon
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, cut into bite size pieces
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook fettuccine according to package instructions. Add asparagus for last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain, reserving 1 1/2 cups cooking water. Return pasta and asparagus to pot.
- Meanwhile, in large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add leeks and cook until tender, 8 - 10 minutes.
- Add reserved pasta water, cream cheese, tarragon, and chives, and stir until cream cheese is melted. Pour over pasta, ad smoke salmon and toss until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I found this dish tasty, but a little on the bland side. However, having said that, I need to reveal that I used a fat-free cream cheese, so maybe that had something to do with the blandness. I did use fresh chives from my garden, and plenty of leeks, too. Maybe some salt-free lemon/pepper seasoning would spice this up a bit, or perhaps a smokier salmon. Thanks, though, for the recipe, as I wouldn't have had any idea for dinner without it!Reply