Fettuccine Gratinati Al Prosciutto
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- Melt the 1 1/2 oz of butter and stir in the flour to make a roux. Stir and brown the flour butter mixture for 3 minutes.
- Gradually add the hot milk, stiring until thick and smooth then simmer for 10 minute.
- Cook the fettuccine in boiling, salted water until al dente.
- Meanwhile melt 3/4 of the 3 1/2 oz of butter remaining and cook the proscutto.
- Drain the pasta and stir in the proscutto and about half of the sauce. Season to taste.
- Transfer to a large shallow ovenproof pan and cover with the remaining sauce. Dot with the remaining butter then cover with the Parmesan Cheese.
- Broil the dish until cheese and sauce turn a golden brown. Serve at once.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This pasts is really good and easy to make. It is very creamy and the salty Prosciutto is delightful. Make sure you get the water boiling first since boiling the pasta is the most time consuming part of the recipe. I used extra milk,and added some peas, sun-dried tomatoes, and fresh oregano. I also mixed in some Pecorino Romano that needed using up. A wonderful recipe! Made for ZWT 4 by a Jefe de la Cocina.