Fettuccine Alfredo With Crispy Bacon and Ham
- Ready In:
- 1 lb fresh fettuccine
- 2 cups shredded locatelli cheese
- 2 cups extra sharp vermont cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb smoked bacon
- 1 lb of diced tavern ham
- 1 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh black pepper
- In large saucepan add 4 tablespoons Danish butter, when butter begins to melt add the half & half, stirring constantly. When milk begins to bubble reduce heat and slowly add all cheeses that you have grated & prepared.
- Stir cheese and milk constantly until melted. Once cheeses are melted, you should have a fairly thick cheese sauce.
- Next, add parsley, garlic, salt, pepper directly to cheese mixture that you prepared, cover with lid remove from heat.
- Once the pound of bacon is cooked, cut into medium size pieces and add to the cheese sauce. Finally, add the diced ham pieces directly to cheese sauce mixture also.
- Cook fettuccine according to box directions. Drain excess water, place in large pasta serving bowl, add sauce, and mix pasta through sauce thoroughly. You may add additional parsley as a final garnish and serve.
- This recipe is rich and delicious. A nice salad goes well with this entrée.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!