Fettuccine Al Limone (Mario Batali)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A spicy, lemony pasta. Adapted by Sweet B at Serious Eats, from a recipe in Mario Batali's _Molto Mario_ as reprinted in _People_ magazine, in an article entitled "Dinner for Four UNDER $10."
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 jalapenos, seeded and cut into thin slivers
- 3 lemons, zest of
- 3 lemons, juice of
- 8 tablespoons butter, cut in chunks (1 stick)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 lbs fettuccine pasta
- 1⁄2 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot and add 2 tablespoons of salt.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat until almost smoking. Add the onion and the red pepper flakes and sauté until soft and translucent, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add the jalapenos and sauté for another minute. Add the lemon zest and juice, bring to a boil, and continue boiling for 1 minute. Remove from heat, stir in the unsalted butter and season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Drop the pasta into the boiling water and cook until al dente. Drain.
- Toss the hot pasta into the skillet with the lemon mixture. Return the pan to medium heat and mix well, stirring gently. Add the Pecorino Romano and toss quickly. Transfer to a warmed serving platter and serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
My family and I love this recipe. It would be good for a Meat Free Monday meal but I usually throw some grilled chicken in it. Like the other reviewer said before, it is not too hot with the jalapenos in it. The kids gobble it up and have no problem with heat. I love anything lemon. I will post a picture the next time I make this since there isn't one on here.Reply