Feta, Spinach and Leek Tart
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A delicious, easy to prepare tart, great for lunch or dinner, served with salad. I bought a rectangular tart tin and this was on the back so gave it a try and was thrilled with the result.
- Ready In:
- 200 g feta
- 1 leek
- 20 g butter
- 160 g baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup thickened cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves
- 3 eggs
- cracked black pepper
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cut the leek in half and thinly slice the pale part after washing, to achieve 1 cup.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and lightly saute the leek over medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Add the spinach to saucepan, cover and cook until wilted, remove from heat and remove excess water by pressing the leaves into a strainer.
- Combine in a bowl sour cream, cream and lightly beaten eggs.
- Mix together.
- Add the crumbled Feta, spinach and coarsely shredded basil leaves.
- Season with cracked black pepper. stir well.
- Line a non stick, rectangular quiche pan (35 x 13cms) with the pastry, over lapping, gently pushing down in the centre.
- Gently push the pastry into the sides of the pan then trim excess pastry.
- Place the pastry lined pan onto a baking tray and lightly prick the base with a fork.
- Pour the prepared cream cheese mixture into the pan.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 30-35 minutes until firm and golden.
- Remove from baking tray before serving or cutting.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION