Feta Chicken Marsala
- Ready In:
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms (cremini or white)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry marsala (or red cooking wine)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Italian parsley (garnish)
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons orzo pasta
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In skillet on medium-high, add 2 T olive oil. Saute chicken for about 2 minutes on each side (just until lightly browned and cooked through).
- Transfer to plate and cover with aluminum foil.
- In same skillet, add 1 T oil and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper then saute for 3-4 minutes (until softened and water reduced).
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add marsala and reduce (about 4 minutes).
- Remove from heat and add sour cream and feta.
- Garnish with parsley. Serve over rice.
- Place all ingredients in pot. Bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!