Recipe from Diabetes Cookbook for Dummies. This is such a tasty appetizer. My dear husband made it for me and it was "to die for"
- Ready In:
- 8 slices French bread, large
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely crushed
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Brush bread with oil.
- Rub soft side with garlic.
- Arrange bread in one layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 500F until bread is lightly toasted, about 3-5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes, basil, and feta cheese.
- Divide mixture and spoon onto each slice of toasted bread.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation