Feta and Shrimp
photo by chia2160
- Ready In:
- 2 cups tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon ouzo or 1 tablespoon Pernod (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, cleaned and deveined (raw weight)
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add tomatoes.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until tomatoes soften and give up some of their juice.
- Add crushed garlic, bay leaf, and Ouzo (if using) and cook five minutes more.
- Remove from heat, discard the bay leaf.
- Stir in oregano and salt and pepper to taste.
- Lightly coat four or six individual baking dishes with olive oil, place shrimp in the bottom of each dish, top shrimp with tomato sauce.
- Divide the feta cheese, over the top of each dish, sprinkle with capers.
- (you can also use a single baking dish, 8-10 inches square or diameter).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until hot and bubbly and shrimp is cooked through, cooking time will vary according to the size of the shrimp, cut into a shrimp to be sure it is cooked through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello, my name is Bonnie and I am a very beautiful cat as you can see if you look at the picture at the top of this page.... What??.. I am supposed to talk about you??? But it says here: About Me!! Well all right then ...... My mom is Dutch and has moved to England in October 2007, after living 15 years in the Netherlands with my English dad. They don’t have any human children and “created” their own family, which means I have to share them with Hannah, she is a 6 years old tortie cat, Abby the dog, she is a 9 year old Beagle, and a one year old black Miniature Pincher named Poppy, I refuse to tell you my age but I am a georgious lilac British Shorthair cat!! It is obvious she adores pets just by looking at her name she uses on Zaar (many on Zaar call her Pets or Petsie Poo), her name in real life is Annelies and that is a common Dutch name. My mom always liked to cook, but since she joined Zaar it got out of control, and it doesn’t help that she is disorganized. Printed recipes everywhere in the house, the recipe binders have got bigger and just between you and me, her hips too!!! I have lived in Holland all of my life until now, but they lived in several different countries/places:- desert and coastal Oman, up North and West in Holland, Vancouver-Canada, Aberdeen- Scotland and in Norway they lived in Bergen and Oslo. We have all moved together to England, as you can see I’ve already learnt the language! I heard her say to Dad that this is the last time she moved to another country...she's had it with moving from one place to another! ( its her age...she's getting grumpy) Mom is 55 years old but I always hear her say that the date of her birthday does not mean that much to her, the date of her cancer anniversary is more important, because so far she is a survivor. Besides cooking she has other interests too, crafts, gardening and soap making. She likes Zaar and is one of the hosts on the German-Benelux Forum here on RecipeZaar. She would like to thank everybody who tries and comments on the recipes she has posted on Recipezaar, your feedback is very much appreciated. <img src="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/vjuhl/MEPcookathon.jpg"> <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/berriesblinkie.gif" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com"> <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/FFF/completedbanner.gif"> <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Animation1.gif" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com"> <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/4treasurehunt.gif"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/purplechefhat.gif" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/chef3.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com"><a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/beartag_1_1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"></a><a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/adopted_1_1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"></a>