Fennel and Red Onion Salad With Parmesan
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Food & Wine.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 3⁄4 lbs fennel bulbs, cored and shaved as thin as possible
- 1 small red onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large glass or stainless-steel bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, orange zest, orange juice, salt, and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper.
- Add the oil slowly, whisking. Add the fennel and onion and toss. Let stand at least 5 minutes but no more than 1 hour.
- To serve, top the salad with the grated Parmesan, or with a few curls of Parmesan shaved from the chunk of cheese using a vegetable peeler. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note