Fennel and Orange Salad (Italy)
This recipe comes from the 2005 cookbook, The Best Recipes in the World.
- Ready In:
- 4 large oranges, seedless
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed & cut into very thin slices
- 3 scallions, trimmed & sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 dash salt, to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Peel oranges over a bowl with a knife, removing the peel & white membrane, then roughly chopping the whole orange; reserve any juice.
- Put orange pieces in a bowl with fennel & scallions.
- In another container, whisk together the reserved juice with the cumin, salt & oil, then toss with the salad. Adjust seasonings & serve.
- For a change of pace, omit the scallions & cumin & add 1/4 cup or more of quality black olives, pitted & chopped, along with 1/2 teaspoon of fresh thyme leaves (or a pinch of dried thyme).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION