Favorite Cheesy Ranch Bread (Abm)
photo by Nimz_
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 10mins
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 cups bread flour (plus)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon dry ranch dressing mix (plus)
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon dried chives (optional)
- 3 tablespoons bacon bits (optional)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, 1/2 inch cubes (optional)
- NOTE: machine pan must have capacity of 10 cups or more.
- Add ingredients to bread machine according to manufacturer's directions.
- Select basic white bread cycle.
- NOTE: Additional flour may be needed to get dough to correct consistency.
- Makes 1 1/2 pound loaf - approximately 16 slices.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Outstanding bread! I made this for my son who loves cheesy bread. The addition of ranch and sour cream really added another dimension to the bread over the usual recipe I use. I didn't have any buttermilk powder, so that was skipped along with the chives. I did sub one cup of the white bread flour for whole wheat flour. This is our new favorite! Thanks Binxi!
This is a wonderful flavorful bread. As suggested by the previous review, I added a little extra ranch seasoning. Used the optional chives and added a little extra shredded cheese since I didn't use the cheese cubes. I don't like the way my bread machine bakes bread, so I set this on the dough cycle. After it completed, I removed the dough and shaped into an oval shape and let it rise again for about 30-40 minutes and baked it at 375 F for 25 minutes. Just wonderful Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 09
fantastic bread!! i think i would consider a little more ranch dressing mix -- i had plenty left over and it was very subtle in the bread. i didn't have the cheddar cheese, so i used colby and monterrey jack. i also added about a cup more shredded, instead of the cubes. but i think the chunks of cheese would be so much better, as binxi suggests!! made for my 3 chefs november 2008.