Favas a Portugueasa ( Broad Beans With Bacon and Herbs )
photo by Brian Holley
- Ready In:
- 4 ounces steaky bacon, cut into strips
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 lb fava beans, shelled
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large sprigs mint
- 1 large sprigs parsley, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- In a heavy based pot fry the bacon until the fat runs.
- Add onions and garlic, cook gently till soft.
- Stir in the beans and tomato, with the herbs.
- Barely cover with water add salt and pepper to taste, and, simmer till the beans are tender.
- Strain the liquid off and remove the bay leaf and mint.
- Serve and enjoy the taste of Portugal.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY