- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- Flatten out your sausage into a rectangle onto a piece of aluminum foil.
- Like a jelly roll, add fillings to your desire. In this case-chopped apple, swiss cheese, and brown sugar. I add a sprinkle cayenne-but that's just me :).
- roll up jelly roll style.
- wrap bacon slices around the roll.
- rub with your favorite bbq rub.
- smoke in smoker @ 225 degrees for about 1 1/2 hours=until the internal temp reaches 165 degrees.
- Let sit for 20 minutes before slicing!
- ENJOY! THIS IS OUR FAVORITE!
- Try- cheddar and jalepeno filling --
- add chorizo sausage layer inside --
- ham and pineapple --
- sun dried tomato, mozzerella --
- greek olive and feta -- .
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am Cookiegirlandi because I was head cookie decorator for Cookies by Design/Cookie Bouquet for 6 years in SE MI. <br />DH and I bought a 2000sq ft greenhouse in 2004 and moved it up 160 miles north of our Oakland co home to our co-owners 10 acre cottage. Neighbors up here happened to have a place for sale and we bought it. We absolutely love it here. It is truely beautiful here, surrounded by nature. Sort of a shock to me at first--as I also worked as a nail tech in salons for 18 years and was used to shopping and dining out. Always had perfect hair, nails, tan, outfits, makeup. Sheez. Not anymore!! LOL! <br />So, now I am a homemaker/wife, artist, jewelry maker, golfer, perennial plant collector, supergardener/greenhouse grower, garden tender, (I have many gardens) mom to boxer and 3 wonderful rescue kitties! Busier than ever!! <br /><br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/dejectedwithstars/redborder-animate.gif alt= /> <br /><a href=http://photobucket.com target=_blank><img src=http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w115/bugh8er/food%20and%20swaps/cws3.png border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br />Working on updating this page=thanks for looking!! <br />Happy Cooking!</a></p>