MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Another great recipe I got from watching Rachael Ray's new tv show! This salad is so so yummy and goes great with the Mediterranean Burgers!
- Ready In:
- 3 pita breads (torn into small pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cucumber (seedless or with seeds)
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 green bell pepper
- 4 celery ribs
- 1⁄2 large red onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1⁄2 lb feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olives or 1/2 cup manzanilla olives
- 6 pepperoncini peppers (light green peppers)
- 2 lemons, juice of (just need the juice)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Arrange torn up pieces of pita bread on baking pan and toast for 5 minutes.
- While pitas toast, cut up cucumber, bell pepper, celery, red onion, tomatoes, olives,and hot peppers into bite-sized pieces.
- Through all veggies into a big bowl and add garlic, parsley, and feta cheese to the pile.
- Squeeze the lemons to spread juice over entire bowl.
- Drizzle the 2 tablespoons of Extra-virgin olive oil onto salad.
- Toss the salad in bowl to coat everything!
- Add the toasted pita pieces to the salad and toss everything again!
- Suggest pairing with the Mediterranean burgers for a healthy dinner!
- Note: Add other veggies as you like to find the best combo for your taste buds!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This salad is wonderful - piquant from pickled pepperoncinis, salty from the kalamatas & feta & gently crispy from the cucumber ( I seeded both of mine). I did add about 2 T minced fresh mint - had it & needed to use it up - and left out the pitas. I served this as a foil for recipe #206595. It balanced the unctuousness of the lamb & sweetness of the raisins perfectly. This fattoush is a keeper! I will be making again - thank you ChampagneLiz!Reply