Fattoush Recipe (Lebanese Summer Salad)
- Ready In:
- 1 round lebanese bread or 1 other similar flat bread
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 2 lebanese cucumbers, finely diced (if very fresh, no need to peel)
- 2 tomatoes, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup radish, finely diced
- 1⁄2 red capsicum, finely diced (sweet red bell pepper)
- 1⁄2 green capsicum, finely diced (sweet green bell pepper)
- 4 spring onions, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Deep-fry the Lebanese bread. or you can bake the bread in a medium oven for about 10 minutes - this will crisp up the bread.
- Drain the bread on kitchen paper abd then after it has cooled, break/crumple in your hands until it breaks into small pieces.
- Combine all of the salad ingredients and then toss with the dressing.
- For the dressing- combine the dressing ingredients and whisk together.
- This salad is best dressed just prior to serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!