Fattigmans Bakkelser(Norwegian Fried Cookies)
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 1min
- 10 egg yolks
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon cognac or 1 tablespoon other brandy
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 2 - 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- In mixer bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar for about 10 minutes or until very thick and lemon colored.
- Stir in cream, cognac, cardamom and lemon peel.
- Mix in enough flour to make a stiff dough, cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Heat deep fryer to 375 degrees.
- Divide dough in half and roll very thin 1/8 to 1/16 thick on well floured board.
- Cut dough into 4x2 inch diamonds, cut slit about 1 inch in center and draw long point of diamond through slit and curl back in opposite direction.
- Fry in deep fryer about 15 seconds on each side or until light brown.
- Drain and store in airtight container.
- Before serving sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- *Selfrising flour can be used in this recipe.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a transplant from the USA living in Belgium.I've been over here now for almost 11 years so the "missing" things from home has kind of wore off. I love cookbooks, especially the local hometown, church or organization books and have a good collection going! Not married but sharing a home, never had kids but "adopted" the ex's kids as my own, learned Dutch now trying Italian so I can keep up with the cookbooks!!