MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Crisp Norwegian Cookie. Prep Time does not include chilling time.
- Ready In:
- 6 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup light cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, grated
- confectioners' sugar
- Beat together egg yolks and salt until thick and light.
- Beat in light cream, sugar and butter.
- Sift together flour and nutmeg. Add to egg yolk mixture with lemon rind.
- Mix well, then chill 1 hour.
- Roll out 1/4 of the dough at a time, keeping the remaining dough chilled.
- Roll 1/16 inch thick. Cut in 1 1/2-inch wide strips. Cut diagonally at 4-inch intervals. Make 1 inch slit lengthwise in center of each piece.
- Slip one end through the slit. Fry a few at a time in deep fat (350 degrees F) for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from fat with a slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Store in an airtight container.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION