Fat Witch Cocoa Brownies
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
In 'Fat Witch Brownies' by Patricia Helding
- Ready In:
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Grease a 9x 9 inch baking pan with butter; dust with flour and tap out the excess; preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter over low heat just until melted, but not brown.
- Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the cocoa powder and sugar to the butter; whisk until blended.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, whisking after each addition until the mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Add in the vanilla; whisk to mix inches.
- Measure the flour and salt and sift together into the batter; mix the batter gently until well combined and no trace of the dry ingredients remains.
- At this point, if desired, stir in any extras like walnuts.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared baking pan and bake for 30 minutes or until tests done with toothpick (comes out clean or with only crumbs, not batter, on it).
- Remove from the oven and cool on a rack for 1 hour; cut just before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was easy to make with ingredients I always have in the house. I was disappointed with the results. The chocolate flavor was very faint. It seems these are meant to be the cake-style brownie. The texture was weird and spongelike. It was also easy to undercook them (which I inadvertently did) because the batter did not cling to the toothpick. It was a layer of wetness on top while the underside was cooked through. I was drawn in by the name of the recipe, but I would not make these again.Reply