I made a fat-free version, with some other modifications, of Howiesar's tzatziki recipe that he posted with his tempeh gyros Recipe #148197 (which are awesome!). If you're not adverse to a little "good fat" you can use the optional olive oil, but the tzatziki is yummy even without it.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 20mins
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated English cucumber, drained (I leave the skin on, you'll need about 1/2 a large english cuke)
- 3⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt (one 6oz. cup)
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 6 garlic cloves, minced (adjust to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh dill weed, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar (or other vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- Combine all ingredients, and stir well.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours, preferrably overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator about 30 minutes prior to serving to take the chill off.