Fat Free Cherry Cobbler
photo by Sugar Doll
- Ready In:
- 2 (16 ounce) cans cherries, packed in water
- 1⁄2 cup self rising flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup milk, I use 1%
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cherries and 1/3 of the cherry liquid in a 9 inch square pan.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, sugar and milk.
- Pour batter over the cherries.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with Cool Whip Lite or Vanilla Ice Cream, Fat Free or Frozen Vanilla Yogurt.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made the sugar free version- used Splenda- because my dad is borderline diabetic and I want to make him a special dessert for Thanksgiving. I tried this out on friends and it is very very good. I was a little concerned because the "crust" seemed really runny, but it baked up very nice. This will definitely be my go to cobbler recipe.
WOW! This recipe is fantastic! I used it to make a cherry-rhubarb cobbler and was amazed at how delicious it tasted. The custard became very thick and the fruit melted into some kind of a compote. Yum! I used fresh fruit and didnt need any additional water. I would have never thought that this would work out, but it did brilliantly. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful recipe with us, Mandabears! I will surely make this often again using different sorts of fruit and maybe adding some vanilla or cinnamon to the batter.
see 3 more reviews