Fat Bar Recipe
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe was given to me by a friend. She always referred to them as Fat Bars because of the possible calories in each bite.
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 1 (14 ounce) package Kraft caramels
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk (used seperately, watch directions below)
- 3⁄4 cup butter, Softened
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (or Milk Chocolate Chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat 13" x 9" cake pan with Cooking Spray.
- Unwrap Caramels and melt in saucepan with 1/3 sweetened condensed milk. Set aside.
- In a seperate bowl, combine cake mix with softened butter and 2/3 Cup sweetened condensed milk. Stir Well.
- Spread 1/2 of the cake mixture in the pan, place in oven and bake for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cover with Caramel and 1 Cup Chocolate Chips.
- Crumble remaining cake mixture on top.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes, remove from oven and cool.
- Please Note: I have modifided the recipe so my kids can help without any stove top time. Use 1 (6.25 oz) Package Caramel Apple Wraps in place of the wrapped caramels and 1/3 cup sweet condensed milk. Also, decrease the Sweetened Condensed Milk in the cake mixture to 1/2 Cup.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION