Fast and Easy Mexican Scrambled Eggs
photo by I'mPat
- Ready In:
- In a 10-inch skillet heat Salsa de Chile Verde over medium heat until bubbly.
- Pour beaten eggs over sauce in skillet.
- Cook without stirring over low head for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until mixture begins to set on bottom.
- Lift and fold eggs with spatula so uncooked part runs to bottom.
- Continue lifting and folding about 5 minutes more till eggs are cooked through, but still glossy and moist.
- Pass sour cream to spoon on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I used Mrs. Renfro's Gourmet Jalapeno Green Salsa, but discovered I had no sour cream. So I sprinkled a bit of shredded mexican cheese blend on top. My salsa was quite hot, and the cheese helped offset it a bit. I agree with Starrynews that this would be an excellent tortilla filling to make this a "to-go" meal. Thanks for sharing! Made for Newest tag game.
Ole this was so good and here is me thinking that salsa is only for dipping corn chips into, I couldn't get the salsa specified in the recipe so used an hot ElPaso chuncky salsa and served with sour cream and some cheesy corn chips and was just going WOW WOW with every mouthful, thank you Annacia for a great breakfast, made for Spring Photo Tag.
This is most certainly fast and easy - and quite tasty too! I used Recipe #431984 and served with sour cream on top this time, but I also love the idea of using it as a tortilla filling. I also like that this would be easily adjusted to taste, simply by using salsas of varying heat. Thanks for sharing! Veggie Swap 45