Fashoulakia (Greek Green Bean Side Dish)
Posting for ZWT6 Greece region. From Cooking Light on myrecipes.com. This classic Greek green bean side is traditionally served at room temperature. It's great for barbecues.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs green beans, trimmed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, undrained
- Heat oil in a stockpot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; sauté 3 minutes.
- Add herbs and garlic; sauté 4 minutes.
- Add beans and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until beans are tender.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION