- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups shredded colby cheese
- 1 cup chopped cooked broccoli, well drained
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 unbaked 10-inch pie shell
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- In a large skillet, brown and crumble sausage for about 5 minutes.
- Add onion and continue cooking until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes; drain.
- Remove from heat; add cheese, broccoli, rice, tomato, and olives; stir well.
- Pour into pie crust.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, cream, garlic, salt, pepper, and thyme; mix well.
- Pour over sausage mixture.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 400 degrees and bake 30-35 minutes or until golden and firm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this for breakfast during Christmas and am just now getting around to reviewing it. The filling is quite incredible. I thought the brown rice and olives gave the flavor and texture an interesting twist. Very rich and cheesy too. One of the best breakfast pies I have made or tasted. My family and I all thought this was deserving of 5-stars. Thank you Nurse Di.