Farm-Fresh Strawberry Ice or Slush
Very light and easy summer-time treat. Great way to use those luscious ripe summer-gems, without heating up the whole kitchen at the same time!
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 7mins
- In a saucepan, heat sugar and water until sugar is dissolved.
- Dump berries into blender and whip 15 seconds, add the sugar-water; blend some more.
- Then add the lemon juice and blend again.
- Pour into two 13x9 cake pans (or just one, but it will take longer to freeze).
- Freeze pans for 4-6 hours (NOT SOLID).
- SERVING OPTION #1: just before serving, whip mixture in blender, spoon into bowls and serve.
- SERVING OPTION #2: scrape spoons-ful into chilled tumbler, half-full, then add 7-Up or Sprite for an icy drink.
- VARIATION: Replace strawberries with raspberries, mango, pineapple (adjust the sugar accordingly).
- ALCOHOLIC KICK: Add a shot of rum, brandy or vodka---uuummm!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION