Fantastic Meat Lasagna
This is my own recipe that I've played with over the years. It used to use a lot more cheese, but I've simplified it and enjoy it much more this way. I don't like a lot of noodles in my lasagna, but you can always use more if you prefer.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (24 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, dry grated
- 2 tablespoons dry basil
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked (or oven ready)
- salt & pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a non-stick skillet brown meat with salt and pepper. When browned stir in basil, tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, pasta sauce, ricotta and parmesan, and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Place 3 lasagna noodles on the bottom of bake dish and top with half the sauce. Add another layer of noodles and then the remaining sauce. Top with mozzarella cheese and cover dish with foil. Bake for 45 minutes, remove from oven and let sit for 15 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I had the urge to cook lasagna last night and used this recipe. It was a totaly hit with my family! My mom, a health freak, had a piece and came back for seconds, my dad who only wanted a tiny bite ended up cutting himself a huge slice, and my little brother who won't eat anything, gobbled it down and asked for more! the leftovers? devoured the next day! very very tasty lasagna!!! i suggest adding a bit more cheese to top it off and I added pepperonis which worked well also!Reply