Famous Strawberry Fritters
- Ready In:
12 to 14 fritters
- Wash strawberries and dry thoroughly on paper towels; hull and quarter strawberries and place on a dry paper towel.
- Whisk eggs, milk, butter, and vanilla in a bowl; add powdered sugar, salt, and baking powder and combine.
- Add flour and mix to make a smooth batter; let stand at least 30 minutes.
- Mix strawberries into batter.
- Cover a rack with 3 layers of paper towels; heat 1 inch of oil to 375° in a deep flat-bottomed heavy pan (or follow manufacturer's instructions if using an electric fryer).
- Dip a heaping tablespoon of batter carefully into hot oil; oil may foam or bubble; do not fry more than 4 fritters at a time.
- Fry approximately 1 1/2 minutes on each side, turning with a slotted spoon.
- Remove fritters when golden brown and place on prepared rack to drain.
- Cover tops of fritters with additional paper towels.
- Let cool 5 minutes and roll in granulated sugar (or can dust with powdered sugar).
- Serve 3 or 4 fritters on a plate.
- Fritters are best when eaten within 30 minutes; if you wait too long to eat them, the batter becomes soggy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!