Family Tortilla Bowl
photo by bulletproofmarshmall
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 15mins
- nonstick cooking spray
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
- 15 ounces black beans or 15 ounces pinto beans, drained
- 1⁄3 cup taco sauce
- black olives, sliced jalapeno peppers, shredded lettuce, tomato slices (optional toppings)
- avocado, sour cream, guacamole, and salsa (optional toppings)
- Spray both sides of each tortilla with cooking spray.
- Prepare foil handles. To make foil handles, tear off three 18X2-inch strips of heavy-duty foil or use regular foil folded to double thickness. Crisscross foil strips to spoke design and place in CROCK-POT slow cooker.
- Place 4 tortillas in bottom and extending up sides of CROCK-POT slow cooker, forming a bowl. Layer one third of cheese, half of beef, half of beans and half of taco sauce over tortillas. Layer 2 tortillas, one third of cheese, remaining half of beef and beans. Top with remaining half of taco sauce, remaining 2 tortillas and remaining one third of cheese.
- Cover; cook on HIGH 3 hours or until tortillas are crispy and cheese is melted. Remove from CROCK-POT slow cooker using foil handles. Cut into eight wedges. Serve with desired toppings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!