Family Hot Tuna Dip
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 -2 tablespoon dried onion flakes (or very finely diced fresh onion)
- 2 teaspoons dried herbs (such as dill or parsley or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 -4 tablespoons very finely diced assorted fresh vegetables (such as carrot, celery, radish, bell pepper, for texture & colour)
- 12 -15 ounces tuna, drained (1 large or 2 - 3 regular sized cans)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Blend softened cream cheese with softened butter (if you have a suitable glass baking dish or deep pie pan, you can mix and bake in the same dish).
- Blend in mayonnaise and sour cream until smooth.
- Add lemon juice, dried onion, herbs, salt, pepper, and diced vegetables (if using) and mix well.
- Stir in flaked, well-drained tuna and cheese.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with chips, crackers, or toast.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!