Fall Bratwurst With Apples and Onions
Even though the recipe says you can use non alcoholic beer I think that real beer has a better flavor. Remember when you cook that the heat dissipates the alcohol.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- 6 bratwursts
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup peeled chopped apple
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 small cabbage, sliced into wedges
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer (non-alcoholic will work)
- salt and pepper
- Place the sausages in a large pan and add 2 cups water.
- Simmer without piercing the sausage until the water is evaporated and the sausages are browned.
- Add the onions and apples - cook till soft.
- Add carrots, cabbage, caraway and the beer.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until the cabbage is tender.
- Serve with rolls or bread.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Perfect winter night dinner. I threw in a couple of potatoes and only put my cabbage in for the last half hour - I like it crisp. I like the flavor of caraway it seems to give a refreshing flavor. I prepared the recipe ahead of time right up to when you pour in the beer cover & simmer for 1 hour. Eas just turn on 1 hour before dinner Thanks DarkLove for a comfort food dinnerReply
see 2 more