Fajita-Style Chicken Tenders With Corn and Black Beans
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 (1 1/8 ounce) package fajita seasoning mix (many good recipes on food.com)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and well drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- cheddar cheese or Mexican blend cheese
- lime wedge, for serving (don't leave this out)
- tortilla chips or flour tortilla, for serving
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook, turning once, 3 minutes or until lightly colored. Sprinkle with fajita seasoning mix and 2 tablespoons water; toss over medium heat 1 minute until coated and chicken is cooked through.
- While tenders cook, combine beans, corn and salsa in a medium saucepan or microwave dish. Heat until hot. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro. Serve along with tenders topped with cheese, a squirt of lime and tortilla chips or warm flour tortillas.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!