Fajita Shrimp over Rice
- Ready In:
- 1 cup white rice
- 5 teaspoons fajita seasoning mix, divided (store-bought or homemade)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 sweet red pepper, halved and sliced into strips
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine (such as Chardonnay)
- 1⁄2 cup seafood stock (can sub chicken stock)
- juice of one lime
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple (okay to use canned)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Cook rice according to package directions, adding 1 1/2 teaspoons fajita seasoning mix to cooking water. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour and remaining fajita seasoning mix. Pour over shrimp, toss to coat and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add onion and pepper and cook for about 10 minutes or until soft and slightly browned.
- Add wine and reduce by half. Add stock and reduce by half. Add lime juice and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and pineapple and cook about 4 minutes, stirring to coat. Add butter and cook another 2 minutes. Sauce should be thickened slightly and shrimp should be done. Stir in cilantro.
- Divide rice between four bowls and add shrimp and vegetables.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!