MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From the National Pasta Association -- good when I am having a Mexican craving but I don't want to gorge on all the extra rice and beans! Prep time does not include mainade time which is 4 hours.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 lb lean boneless top round steak
- 1 1⁄4 cups tomato juice, divided
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (optional)
- Slice steak diagonally across grain into 1/4-inch strips. Place steak in zip-top plastic bag. Add 1/2 cup tomato juice, lime juice, garlic, cumin and ground red pepper. Marinate in refrigerator at least 4 hours.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, remove steak from marinade. Discard marinade.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; add oil and place over high heat until hot. Add steak and cook 3 minutes or until done.
- Remove steak from skillet and keep warm.
- Recoat skillet with cooking spray.
- Add pepper strips and onion to skillet; sauté until crisp-tender.
- When pasta is done, drain well. Place in a large bowl. Add steak, pepper mixture, sour cream, jalapeño, and remaining 3/4 cup tomato juice.
- Toss. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
- If desired, sprinkle with shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION