Fabulous Tofu With Delicious Nutritional Yeast
- Ready In:
- Heat a big flat pan to medium/medium high heat with olive oil (and butter if you want).
- Drain the tofu block and pat dry with a paper towel. Cut the tofu widthwise into about 16 thin slices (about half the thickness of a slice of bread).
- Bread each slice of tofu with nutritional yeast, make sure each piece is really well coated before placing it in the pan.
- Cook the tofu until the edges are golden brown, then flip over and cook the other side the same. Salt and pepper to taste while in the pan.
- Serve on toast with tamari or soy sauce for dipping.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
None vegan me really liked this! Nice way to have quick nutritious snack or meal. A creamier way to enjoy tofu and the yeast gives a slight buttery saltiness on it's own.(My HF store owner says people use it on popcorn) I might have drained my tofu too much as some of the yeast fell off in the frying(I used the "plate method")or maybe the oil wasn't hot enough. I steamed some broccoli and use a light soy sauce that I put grated ginger and garlic and let flavor the sauce (a tip from a Zaar member). I like the toast idea and will try that next time! I've also seen it cubed as an appetizer.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I turned vegetarian when I was 16 years old, and I'm still one 11 years later. I was vegan for about three years, but went back to eating dairy and eggs about 3 years ago. I still have some killer vegan recipes, I'm slow at posting, but eventually I'll have a good library up. For me, being vegetarian is about feeling good and eating for the environment, not being deprived of meat! Hopefully non-veg-heads will like some of the recipes I've posted, I know my boyfriend likes everything I've posted and he's a big meat eater as well :) ps. I'm at high altitude, so the baking recipes may need to be modded a bit.