Fabulous Boiled Fruitcake
photo by JoyfulCook
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- Place the sugar, water,margarine, bicarbonate of soda and dried fruit in a medium saucepan and slowly bring to the boil. As soon as it starts to boil, remove and leave to completely cool.
- Add the well beaten egg, mixed spice, pinch of salt, and the flour; mix well.
- Line a 9-inch cake tin. Cook at approximately 170°C for about an hour to an hour and a quarter.
- To stop it drying out while cooling, it’s advisable to drape a clean tea towel over the cake after about half an hour.
- NB - if you are in a hurry for the fruit to cool - place saucepan in some cold water in the sink, iit will cool in under half the time.
Worst cake I've ever made as dry as a bone I knew at the start 1 egg and 30g of margarine would never be enough but after reading the reviews i went with the recipe what a waste of time effort and money ! It's in the bin ! I'll stick with my own tried and trusted recipe in future ! It got 1 star because it wouldn't let me post without rating it
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
We now reside back in England after returning from Australia after most of our working life there. I have been fortunate enough to have lived in many countries when I was younger and therefore many of my recipes reflect this! Love to cook. love to travel too