Exotic Sprouted Fermented Black Beluga Lentils
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 1 -2 cup beluga lentils (any organic lentil will do)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder, your favorite
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 inch piece gingerroot, minced
- 1⁄2 inch piece turmeric, minced
- 1 fermented garlic clove, minced, plus
- 1 tablespoon of its brine
- 1 kaffir lime leaf
- 1 kaffir lime, zest of
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Fill a mason jar with the lentils, and then cover with slightly warm filtered water ( 1 tablespoon whey can be adding to the water) overnight. On the top you place a sprouting screen screwed into the lid. In the morning you drain and rinse it (doing so right through the screen), and then you invert your jar at an angle, allowing it to drain and air to circulate within your jar. Then all you have to do is rinse 2-3 times per day, and your seeds will turn into sprouts.
- Place everything but the lentils in a quart size jar and shake to blend.
- Add the lentils and give another shake to blend. be sure to leave head room.
- Rest on countertop out of light for 4-7 days. It will bubble up. Make sure to top a weight on it to keep submerged. You may want to place the jar in a bowl to prevent spills. It will/can overflow from the bubbling from fermentation.
- When ready to your liking place in refrigerator and chill a couple more days.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!