Exotic Asian Rice Salad
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons light soya sauce
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- salt and pepper
- 4 green onions
- fresh ginger (grate a piece the size of your thumb nail)
- 4 medium carrots
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2⁄3 cup apricot (dried but soft)
- 1 -2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 cups basmati rice (cooked)
- 2 kiwi fruits
- For the dressing, into a small bowl add vinegar, soya sauce, and salt and pepper to taste and blend well. Set aside.
- Prepare vegetables.
- Grate carrots.
- Wash green onion and cut into small rings.
- Peel and grate ginger.
- Chop apricots into small pieces.
- Put oil into a pan and heat, add green onion, ginger, and 2/3 of the carrots; saute until soft.
- Sprinkle with the curry powder and turn into vegetables.
- Fold the apricots into the pan with other vegetables.
- Add a little salt then pour in orange juice and water.
- Stir, deglazing the bottom of the pan.
- Let cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and mix well.
- Turn off heat and let sit for a few minutes so that the rice can obsorb some of the cooking juices.
- Add the set aside dressing and left over grated carrot and toss into the rice mixture.
- Check seasoning should be a little spicy and have sweet and sour flavor, adjust if necessary.
- Put into a serving bowl and decorate with kiwi slices.
- This can be eaten hot or cold.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in Canada our winters are far to long and cold. I like to try new recipes. I don't really have a favorite cookbook. I enjoy reading fiction, my friends,good conversation,gardening,and the great outdoors. Love to travel, by plane, boat or automobile. My pet peeves are inconsiderate drivers who stop on a main road holding up traffic. <br />I'd really enjoy spending some time camping IN THE SUMMER by a beach or go the caribbean in the winter-- to the beach at one of the all inclusive clubs they always have a lot of different foods to try.. <br /><br /><a href=http://www.amazingcounter.com><img src=http://c9.amazingcounters.com/counter.php?i=1862985&c=5589268 border=0 alt=HTML Counter /></a><a href=http://www.onlinecomputercoupons.com>Dell</a> <a href=http://www.onlinecomputercoupons.com/dell-server.htm>Server Computers</a></p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p><br />Participation & Awards:</p> <p><a href=http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z205/jubespage/ZWT7%20Banners/9d968c99.gif></a></p> <p><img src=http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z205/jubespage/ZWT7%20Banners/9d968c99.gif alt= /></p> <p><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/berriesblinkie.gif alt=Image hosted by Photobucket.com /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Zaar%20World%20Tour%203/ZWT3-Participation.gif alt= /> <br /><br /><img src=http://www.satsleuth.com/cooking/RecipeSwap2.JPG alt= /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg alt= /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Zaar%20World%20Tour%204/ZWTAB-tg.gif alt= /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/Sharon123/NZT-2-AnnaciasZaarTagbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Annacia's banner for Zaar Tag /><img src=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/Sharon123/Copyoftag300-banner.jpg border=0 alt=Susie's Banner for Newest Zaar Tag /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/AM%20Banners/ZaarStar-AMBanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket> /></p>