Excellent Fried Eggplant
photo by M A Lewis
- Ready In:
2 pieces per person
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs or 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower oil or 1/2 cup canola oil
- salt and pepper
- In large skillet put in enough oil (about 1/8 inch deep.)and preheat too medium high.
- In separate bowl mix egg and milk thoroughly.
- In another bowl mix together remaining dry ingredients.
- Slice eggplant 1/4 thick and dip in milk/egg.
- Dip in dry ingredients and coat both sides.
- Place in skillet and fry for 2-3 minutes each side, checking to make sure they get golden brown.
- You will need to add a little oil each time. When the crumbs in the skillet start getting too much or burning, remove before starting next batch of eggplant.
- Place on separate plate covered with paper towel until ready to serve to remove excess oil.
- SPECIAL NOTE: For a little added extra flavor, use bacon grease instead of oil.
- SPECIAL NOTE: If you want a little something to jazz these up a little and are having a salad, dip them in some Ranch Dressing. I have a scratch recipe that goes great with it.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Family man, father of 5,(4 boys,1 girl), Love cooking, baking, creating, teaching and sharing.</p>