Everyone-Wants-The-Recipe Chicken Dip
- Ready In:
- 2 (13 ounce) cans chicken, drained and shredded
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 4 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 cup Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup salsa (we like hot)
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- Place all ingredients in a microwavable bowl.
- Place in microwave (covered) and cook on high until completely melted, stirring often. The time will depend on the strength of your microwave.
- Enjoy with tortilla or corn chips.
- 1 small onion, diced, and 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped, may be substituted for the salsa. We find the salsa to be quicker.
- When taking to parties, we microwave this in a large glass bowl that fits in my portable case. We use the heat pack in the case to keep it warm until we get to the party, and then pour into a crockpot, turned on to low.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made this pretty much as given, though I did use a mild Picante salsa! Even ended up freezing some of it just to see how that would affect its texture & taste when it was defrosted! Anyway, it's great & we thoroughly enjoyed it, so will be keeping the recipe around for a while! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]