Everyday Food Chicken Tenders With Creamy Honey Mustard
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenders (tenderloins)
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Place flour in a shallow bowl; and the egg in a second one, season both with salt and pepper.
- Pulse cereal and oil in a food processor until fine crumbs form, season with salt and pepper and transfer to a third shallow bowl. (I used a blender).
- Coat chicken: first in the flour, letting excess drip off; then in the egg, letting excess drip off; and lastly in the crumb mixture, pressing the mixture onto chicken well so that it will adhere.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake until light golden brown and cooked through, about 10 to 15 minutes; turning them over halfway through.
- FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE: In a small bowl, mix together sour cream, mustard, and honey; season with salt and pepper. Serve with chicken tenders.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were yummy. One change was that I used 2 cups of bran flake cereal and 2 cups of rice krispie cereal and spicy brown mustard (all I had) instead of dijon. The meal was a hit with my 3 kids ~~ the chicken was gone in no time flat and the creamy honey mustard was also scooped up. I did run out of egg and cereal crumb topping, so next time I will increase the amount of those items. Thanks for posting!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook with an old crockpot that was handed down to me, and I really like trying new recipes!