Ethiopian Spicy Chickpeas Stew (Yeshinbra Shiro Wot)
- Ready In:
- Sauté the onion with oil, adding gradually half cup of water until tender; If the chickpeas are not spiced add the hot chili powder and stir for five minutes.
- Add one cup of water and boil.
- To the boiling sauce, sprinkle the chickpeas powder by stirring continuously until smooth and add one cup of water; stir continuously, (if needed add half cup of water); cook the stew for 25 minutes.
- Add to stew, false cardamom, black pepper and salt; cook until simmers.
- Serve it cold or warm with Injera, pita bread.
- Keep it in the fridge.
- P.S. (a)If preferred, mix the chickpeas powder with one or more cup of cold water in a bowl and pour to the boiling sauce; mix it well; stir continuously.
- (b) If needed, you may add 1 tablespoon purified butter (Nitir Kebe)* instead of the oil.
- * You will find these spices in Ethiopian or Indian shops/groceries.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!