Estonian Milk Soup With Pasta Shapes (Makaroni-Piimasupp)
- Ready In:
- 500 ml water (2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 100 g short pasta (1 cup)
- 750 ml whole milk (3 cups)
- 1 generous pinch sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Bring the water to a vigorous boil, add the salt and the pasta. Reduce to a simmer, then cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the pasta is al dente.
- Add the milk, stir and cook for a few minutes longer, until the milk is hot and the pasta is fully cooked.
- Season with the sugar and more salt, if necessary. Stir in the butter and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I've never had anything quite like this. It seemed to have more flavors of a hot breakfast cereal than a soup.....guess I'm giving away that I like a little sugar in my oatmeal :). Very easy to make, but a bit bland. Probably good for someone that is feeling under the weather. Thanks for sharing! Made for 123 Hits Tag game.
This recipe caught my eye because it's very similar to a German soup that is made with milk and egg noodles. I liked this soup, especially with the addition of the small amount of sugar. It was a nice touch! I used orzo and made as directed except for subbing homo milk with 1%. Made for PRMR. Thanks duontye! :)