Estonian Cocoa and Sour Cream Cake (Kräsupea)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Entered for ZWT. Adapted from nami-nami.blogspot.com (I used the wonderful chocolate glaze/icing from Recipe #454974 #454974). This is popular for children's birthday parties. Preparation time includes chilling time.
- Ready In:
- 12hrs 55mins
- 4 large eggs
- 340 g confectioners' sugar (400 ml or 1 cup plus 11 ounces)
- 360 g all-purpose flour (600 ml or 2 cups plus 14 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 400 g sour cream (1 3/4 cups)
- 3 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 kg sour cream (4 2/3 cups)
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter, more if needed for drizzling consistency
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 350°F Line a small baking sheet (eg, a jelly roll tin) with a parchment paper, and line a 24 cm (or 9") springform tin also with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour. Whisk together the eggs, confectioner's sugar, flour, baking soda and sour cream, until combined.
- Quickly pour about 2/3 of the mixture into the small baking sheet.
- Add the cocoa powder to the remaining 1/3 of the cake mixture. Pour that into the lined round pan.
- Place both pans in the oven. Bake for 25 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Then remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- Place the dark layer on a cake plate, and spread a thick layer of sour cream on top.
- Cut the light cake into large cubes, then mix gently with the rest of the sour cream - you don't want to break up the cake cubes. Pile that mixture of cake cubes and sour cream on top of the cocoa base - whether you want a dome or something flatter, is up to you.
- Melt together the chocolate and butter, and stir until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Chill in the refrigerator for about 12 hours before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION