Espuma De Chocolate (Milk Chocolate Gelatin)
photo by Carol in Cabo
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 30mins
- 30 g sugar or 30 g Splenda sugar substitute
- 8 g unflavored gelatin
- 3 egg yolks
- 250 g semisweet chocolate
- water, to moisten the gelatin
- 1⁄2 liter water
- 3 tablespoons sour cream or 3 tablespoons Mexican crema
- 150 ml whipping cream
- 10 g cocoa powder, plus more (to garnish)
- 170 ml sour cream or 170 ml Mexican crema
- Add enough water to the gelatin in a small bowl, stir until gelatin is spongey.
- heat the rest of the water until just starting to boil.
- Add the yolks and sugar and beat with wire whisk until doubled in volume, take off the heat and add the gelatin. Once the gelatin is mixed in do not move or stir. Let it cool to room temperature.
- Melt the chocolate with the 3 tbsp of crema, mix well and let cool to room temperature.
- Mix the rest of the crema and whipping cream with a wire whisk and beat until whipped cream-ish.
- Integrate the first mixture with the chocolate and whipped cream, beat together and pour into decorative glasses.
- Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours. Top with a dusting of cocoa powder and a mint leave, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a realtor here in the best place on earth: Cabo San Lucas, Mexico! My husband and I bought a lot here in the early 90's, built a vacaton home here a few years later, and finally moved here full time about 9 years ago. I'm now Broker/Owner of Realty Executives Los Cabos and very active in real estate. I've got the best job in the world! When I'm not working I'm usually playing with our two adorable Boston Terriers (Daisy Fay and Betsey Ross) who are totally spoiled rotten, or cooking. I particularly enjoy trying new recipes with my friend Cindy while our dogs are enjoying a play date.</p>