Espresso Pound Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously butter an 8 ½ x 4 ½ inch loaf pan.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl.
- Stir in the ground coffee.
- Grate the zest from the lemon into the bowl.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter on medium speed until creamy.
- Add the sugar and beat until the mixture is pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, beating until incorporated.
- Decrease mixer speed to med-low and add the dry ingredients in 3 additions alternately with the buttermilk in 2 additions, starting and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Beat just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake until the cake is browned and puffed, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 50-60 minutes.
- Let cool completely on wire rack.
- Run a knife around the edge of the pan.
- Invert the cake onto a plate, then turn the cake right side up.
- Cut into thick slices and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!