Espresso Chip Pound Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Does this look great or what????????????
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 1 lb butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄8 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup brewed espresso, liquid shots, not grounds
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream the butter, sugar and brown sugar together.
- Start on a slow speed until blended, then turn it up to the highest speed until it is light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the mixture and mix on medium speed until the eggs are fully broken up and combined.
- Do not over mix this part.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together, add to the mixture and mix until combined.
- Add the sour cream and buttermilk and mix until combined.
- Add the espresso, and mix until it is combined.
- If you are using hot espresso shots, then pour them slowly into the mixture so that it does not begin to cook the eggs.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix them until combined.
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a bundt cake pan.
- Scoop the cake mixture into the prepared pan.
- Place the cake on a cookie sheet and bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes to 2 hours, or until an inserted knife comes clean from the cake.
- Placing the cake on a cookie sheet is just a suggestion to keep your oven clean, in case the cake mixture spills over the sides of the pan.
- Let the cake cool, then remove it from the pan upside down.
- Garnish it with powdered sugar.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION