photo by skwiatk
- Ready In:
- 24 large snails
- 1 -2 tablespoon garlic, depending on taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 soft crusted baguette
- Melt butter on low heat in sauté pan.
- When butter is melted add parsley and garlic and let sit over low heat uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes. This allows the butter garlic and herbs to all blend together.
- Pat snails dry and add to butter.
- Increase heat of butter and sauté for 5 minutes stirring constantly. Turn off heat, remove snails from butter and set to side.
- Slice baguette at an angle so you have 12 slices of desired thickness. I recommend 1/2 inch thickness.
- Place the bread one side down in the melted butter that was used to saute snails so that one side of each slice is buttered.
- Place butter on baking sheet and place under broiler for 2-3 minutes or until very lightly toasted.
- Place two snails on each slice of lightly toasted bread and out back under broiler for 2 more minutes. Keep an eye on it to make sure the bread doesn't burn.
- Remove from oven, place on serving platter and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!