Erishte With Spicy Meats
- Ready In:
- 1hr 26mins
- 500 g water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 300 g macaroni (Turkish 'erishte')
- 100 g beef
- 200 g chicken breasts
- 200 g spicy sausage, Turkish
- 20 g coriander (fresh or dried)
- 20 g rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium red onion
- 3 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apples or 2 tablespoons cherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno sauce
- 1 tablespoon blackberry wine (or 1/2 cup beer)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 lime, grated rind
- Boil the water; add salt and macaroni and cook for 6 minutes.
- Strain and cool.
- Cut the beef, chicken, and sausage meats into 4 or 5 parts.
- Marinate in smoked Tabasco and salt for one hour.
- At the same time mince the coriander and rosemary and crush garlic.
- Cut thin slices form onion and mix with virgin olive oil, cherry vinegar, jalapeno sauce, wine, thyme, grated rind of lime.
- Cook sauce for 5 minutes.
- Grill the meats for 5 minutes; sausage for 1 minute.
- In a large dish, place macaroni and meats and pour the sauce over this.
- Serve with pickled cucumber.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!