Entenmann's Fat Free Chocolate Cupcakes
If you are on a low fat diet, these are WONDERFUL!
- Ready In:
- 1 ounce chocolate pudding (Jello cook & serve)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered milk (Non fat)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa, Unsweetened Hershey's
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 4 egg whites, beat til stiff
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces applesauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- In medium mixing bowl combine Jello powder, drymilk, cocoa, sugar and flour.
- Set aside.With electricmixer, beat alternately.
- into the egg whitemixture a cup at a time with the vanilla,.
- applesauce and baking soda, which have been mixed together.
- Beat 2 minutes after last addition. Divide batter equally between 12 paper−line cupcake wells.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 18 to 20 minutes or until tester comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- 10 minutes then remove.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I used a 1.4 oz box of sugar-free pudding mix, and didn't use powdered milk... I wanted to keep it non-dairy and the pudding was more than the recipe called for. (Though they can't exactly substitute for one another!!) I used Splenda instead of sugar, and created my own self-rising flour by mixing baking soda and salt into all-purpose flour. The dough wound up VERY thick, almost elastic like a yeasted bread dough. I could have made these into doughnuts / bagels if I had wanted to! I think there should be some sort of liquid in there... maybe I'll try this again and add some soymilk. I nearly forgot the cocoa, so I just added it in at the very end of the mixing process. The texture of these was sort of strange -- kind of chewy -- but not necessarily BAD, just unusual. I got six medium-sized cupcakes / muffins. Thanks for posting. Made for My-3-Chefs, November 2008.Reply